Thursday, August 20, 2009

1st Day of School

Here we go!
We are off to Fourth Grade. Can't believe it. Years just fly by huh? I can remember Fourth Grade. I broke my arm when a kid tripped me. I loved the Cosby Show. I was taller than my teacher. I learned all about California History and the Gold Rush, and I held hands with a boy under my desk everyday. Hmmm...Sydney better not to that last one!

Anyhow, here are the traditional morning pictures. It was a good morning. Not hectic. It's also Adam's Birthday (Happy Birthday honey) and we celebrated both big events with a French Toast and Sausage breakfast with strawberries and juice. AND we actually left in plenty of time to meet Mrs. Schmid, Syd's new teacher and greet our good friends and parents.
Speaking of parents, it is soooo awesome that I know everyone now. Softball parents, Girl Scout parents, Cheer parents, church parents, parents from other school years, preschool parents. Very comforting as a mom that I can call all these folks and we can stay on top of things together! :) Also, awesome to know all the kids, as I am certain they will all be over our house for sleepovers and caroling parties etc.
The teacher looks awesome. I spotted organization and I LOVE THAT! It always makes me uneasy when I get a teacher with big "piles" everywhere! Ok, enough about me. Back to Sydney.
Look how lovely she looked...
Here is the picture by the door so we can measure how much she has grown by June
Jack wanted in on the photo op
In front of her room. She looks like a big kid huh?

In her class room.
She didn't get to pick her seat but she was happy with it.
I was happy it was in the center and close to the board.
Did I tell you her best friend at school is in her class.
It was great to see Joselynn again.
Jack waving goodbye

A final wave from our big girl.
Oh! Make sure if you talk to her you compliment her "skinny" jeans.
She feels very grown up in them!

No comments: