Thought I would just take a moment and really think about all the goodness in my life.I need to do that sometimes.
I tend to get caught up in the momentum of things, the churn of the day and I move hurriedly along from one task to another until all my days start to mush together.
And I forget why I am doing the things I am doing.
And who I am living for.
And what I am thankful for.
So here I am
Stopping right now, if only for a moment and searching my soul.
Digging deep to what matters and actually feeling the gratitude.
I am thankful for my family. Close and extended. It was weird today to think I couldn't reach my mom. Not that I needed too, and not that I chat with her everyday. But she's always there if I want to chat or if I need her. I love my mom very much and I am so thankful for her in my life. She never ceases to make me laugh. Or understand me. I am most thankful for her presence in my children's lives. They love her and they know her. I didn't have a grandmother like that when I was growing up. Its amazing to see. What a blessing.
I am thankful for these children. These kids, who wear me out and life me up at the same time. So funny. So innocent. They are so special. They make me heart hurt sometimes when I think of them. I love them so. Must be a glimpse of how much Heavenly Father loves us.
I am thankful of course, for my Adam. ( He really should be at the top) Always supportive. Always cheery. Always patient. Always loving. Always on my side. He never tires of me. (I would) and I adore him. Wish we met twenty years ago...I want forever with him.
I am thankful for my friends. The Kim's and Holly's of my world that lift me up, crack me up, and make my life bearable when its looney! Truly friends are a gift from God.
I am thankful most for my God. (Ok, this should really be at the top!) Who loves me and fills me with His grace and mercy. And boy, do I need both!
I guess I could go on and on. Thankful for Grandma Lindie and her blankets, and the joy they always bring to Sydney. Thankful for my church and the folks in it. Thankful for my Moms Club and the friendship and support it brings when my days seem like they have no progress or no end....
Really could go on and on...
Isn't funny how thankfulness begets thankfulness?
So, now I feel awesome. Stopping and being thankful renews me. Does it do that to you too?
I would love to hear what your thankful for. Think about it. I bet your list will be even longer than mine!



No comments:
Post a Comment