This year Sydney is a junior Girl Scout. She bridged from Brownies last year **sniff sniff**. She is really enjoying her troop and the time they spend together. Right now Sydney is in the middle of her fall fundraiser. Its the nut sale. And this is the fundraiser that Sydney has decided to put her biggest effort into. Adam and I are very proud of Syd. I was a little worried about another fundraiser right now. We have had cheer fundraisers, PTA fundraisers, and Outdoor school fundraiser in the last month and a half. With the economy I was feeling like I needed Sydney to set a realistic goal. But Sydney made up her mind she was setting her self a large goal. And that she believed in people. Do you know she drew a picture and sent a letter out to our friends at church? It told them about herself and her nut sale and how their support would help her troop. She spoke to folks at church and returned their calls over the phone. In addition, she enlisted her daddy Rocky's help for selling nuts in LA and she went to our neighbors and family.
Our family goal was 30 cans of nuts. I thought that was reasonable. The troop goal was lofty. An average of 50 cans a girl. Do you know where Sydney is right now? 86 cans! Incredible!
She is so excited about the incentives she receives. I love this little patch she will get for her new junior vest.
But most importantly Sydney was excited that the 36 cans she sold over her 50 can goal will help other girls in the troop that had a harder time selling. She told me its all about working together. Good for you kiddo! Adam and I are so proud of you!




1 comment:
Great job Sydney. Daddy is proud of you for going after what you wanted and not giving up. After all your name is SYDNEY MICHELLE HALL And SYDNEY MICHELLE HALL Never gives up. Way to go kiddo!!
I love you.
Post a Comment