On Wednesday I spent the day with Sydney at a Girl Scout Badge workshop. It was Veterans Day and I was lucky enough to have Adam home for the day. He spent the day with Jack, bonding and running errands and I spent the entire day with Sydney and her troop. From 9-4!
Now that Syd is a junior girl scout, she has to really start working towards the badges she earns. Each badge has at least 6 different tasks she has to do to earn it. On Wed, the troop was working towards the theater badge and the music fan badge. I handled the music fan part of the day. The gals made an instrument, listened to all different types of music, learned and performed four songs for their parents and made up dances to their chosen song. For their theater badge the gals made masks, acted out different emotions, played charades and performed a play they made up. WHEW huh?
Oh! And in the middle we took the girls on a fast food frenzy. Three fast food restaurants in 1 1/2 hours and they were only allowed to get one thing at each place. Sydney got a fry at Jack in the Box, a nacho bell grande at Taco Bell and a McFlurry at McDonalds. It was fun! :)
So here are a couple of pictures from the day with the troop! We had a great time, earned two badges and made lots of memories!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Seems so worthwhile for Sydney. Busy kids are happy kids. I never did girl scouts. Did you? I'll have to keep an eye out for signups around here for Laine when she's a bit older.
Post a Comment