Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Sweetest Part of School

So you know what? The sweetest part of elementary school are the handmade gifts at Christmas time! I looooovvvee them. And man what a surprise I got today when Sydney zipped to the car this afternoon with a Santa bag full of them (handmade too!) Last year Sydney had a male teacher. And although he was awesome, there was a serious lack of handmade stuff by the kiddos! Must be a guy thing. Anyhow, this year Sydney has Mrs. Schmid, and on top of being a really neat teacher, she is a MOM! So I scored this year with all the adorable stuff Sydney made! Take a peek! Sydney made this lovely framed picture for me! Nice huh?

Don't you love the peanut penguin? ADORABLE!
He's a magnet, but it fell off. I will fix it next week.
Sydney did a great job of gluing on all his little details, the beak and the eyes and his little sparkly scarf. I love him!
Now check these out! They are handmade ornaments!
I LOVE THEM!
I have ornaments on our tree right now that I made when I was in first grade, so you know I love the handmade stuff. These are so awesome...Here take a closer look.
Sydney used Hot Water, "some weird crystal stuff" (note to self, ask Mrs. Schmid what the crystal stuff was) and pipe cleaners.
She dipped the pipe cleaners in hot water then dunked them in the crystal stuff over night and
WHOOLA!
Crystal ornaments. Cha! Really!
The crystal "grew" on the pipe cleaners.
How awesome huh?
I love them almost as much as I love this silly grin!
Thank you Sydney, I will treasure them!
You made my day!

No comments: