Friday, January 1, 2010

We Missed Our Friends

Happy New Year!
It's 2010!
Can you believe it?
So we are officially off. A new year, a new blog!
I spent last night after Nana and Grandpa left and Adam and the kids went to sleep online downloading our family blog into book form. It was my first goal for 2010. Get this blog offline and hardbound. And copy it to a PDF file to go in a harddrive that will go into our safebox so the kids can read it someday. So around 1230 am I had success. It took two books but I did it!
Whoo Hoo!
One New Year's Resolution completed!
The rest of New Year's Day was spent to trying to accomplish goal number two for me. I was off and on the computer most of the day trying to get us back to our friends!
Yup! We're going back to Disney.
And FOR FREE!
He He
Have you heard of this? Disney is offering a new program for 2010.
If you give a day in volunteering you receive a voucher to get a day in the the theme park.
How awesome is that?
So, as you can probably guess, all of America and their grandma was on the Disney website trying to accomplish this. We tried off and on all day, for 11 hours to be exact and we finally got signed up. Adam, Sydney and I are volunteering on Jan 29 at a Senior Center making Valentines for the residents. Cards, paper flowers etc. Its the perfect service project for Sydney. And in return we get to see our friends again for free!
What a deal!
Sydney really wants to go in October for Halloween.
I really want to go on a weekday this time.
Adam just wants to go back! He loves that place. :)
So, New Years Resolution #2. Check!
Now, I just need to finish my Resolution list for the year. You know...move more, eat less, pray more often, chatter less often, kiss my husband more, snuggle my kids more, save more money...and on and on and on. Geez. I am already feeling the pressure!
Anyhow...Happy New Year! I hope you got to spend it doing what you love with who you love!
Here's to a bright future!

3 comments:

Paige said...

That's so great that you got your blog into book form. Priceless memories for the future.

Disney is great with the promotions. Maybe we'll try too although we'll probably be in so cal in the summer and that isn't the best time to disney.

Seema said...

hi Kathi
Great idea! just wondering - how do you actually put it into pdf, a book etc?
Happy new Year!
Seema

Kathi said...

Paige....if its free,then anytimes a good time to Disney! :)

Seema, there is a website called Blurb that will take your blog and put it into a book, but I used Cutest Blog on the Block, b/c I could get it as a book and a PDF file in one swoop. They formatted it and everything. Super easy. I feel better about having it off the computer, just like having stuff at home too. I think I will do it every year. Its a neat journal for the kids and I think they will get to know more about me from this blog as well. :)

Are you thinking of making a blog?