Friday, January 30, 2009

My Little Happy Pill

Every night, sometime between dinner and bed, my husband will come over to me with a glass of water and a pill. My Happy Pill. It's Adams treasured Vitamin C pill. He is a Vitamin C lover. He believes in their power to make him feel anew each day. He will take two and three pills a day. "Seriously Kath, they make me feel great, and keep me well!" I hear it everyday.

I make it a point to be a little playful and act grumpy when Adam finds me, with my glass and pill firmly in his hand. He chuckles and says..."Do you want your Happy Pill?" And I always firmly say "NO" and then smile and take it anyway.

Each day, up until tonight, I just thought that my husband was a Vitamin C fanatic. I thought he was just trying to get me to buy into the magical power of the C. Like it would change my life or something! But tonight, something else hit me...

He Loves Me.

You see, I don't think Adam glides over to me, everynight, pill in hand, just because he wants me to have more Vitamin C than a orange tree. I think he does it because it is his way, each day, of remembering me and taking care of me. It's his gentle, subtle way of loving me. I know...how could I not see that before?

So, now when he comes over, with his bright smile and warm eyes and says, "Do you want your Happy Pill?", I think I will smile back warmly and say "Yes, Absolutely", because that little pill and love behind it, really do make me very happy.

1 comment:

Heidi Davies said...

Just wanted to jump on and say "Hi! I found your blog!"