Yesterday our family made a turn around trip to LA (is there any other kind these days?) to attend my Aunt Lily's memorial. The day started out very bumpy around our house, and before we knew it, we were TWO HOURS late in leaving. We actually paused, and thought we should cancel attending. But honoring Aunt Lily was more important than being late, right? What's the saying..."Better late than never?" So, we hopped in the car and gave it our best shot.
Well, with LA traffic (Why is there traffic on a Saturday anyway?) and stopping a bunch of times for our little squealer in the back, we finally arrived well after the "service" part of the memorial was over. UGH! But everyone was gracious to us, even when we were walking in the door when others were leaving.
My Aunt Lily's daughter Sylvia looked as lovely as ever. She always was just so pretty. I was happy to see her. Sylvia's children Brandon and Emma were there as well. Sydney and Emma are the same age. Sydney kept asking how they were related, and I just kept saying "You're family!" Are they second cousins? I never know these things!
Well, Adam and I brought our camera, but did we remember to take pictures of any of my extended family? Nope! UGH AGAIN! We only see these folks at weddings and funerals! I hope my mom got pictures of my Aunt Irene and my other cousins. I did get some shots of the kids though...

This is Emma and Sydney playing. I think they enjoyed being with each other, even though they were encouraged to "go play" when they really didn't know each other...Good sports!

Here is a picture of Jack doing what he loves! Eating!

Well, it was 4 1/2 hours down and 4 1/2 hours back up again for a 2 hour visit. But Adam and I feel it was worth every moment. Aunt Lily...there will never be another one like her. She loved with her whole heart. She never held back in telling you how much you meant to her. Or how much she loved the Lord and owed her life to Him. I will miss her joyful laughter and voice phoning to say "Hi Sugar" more than I can ever say.
No comments:
Post a Comment