Friday, March 6, 2009

GO BIG OR GO HOME

So, today or rather this morning we left for UCLA for my Pre-Op. When I say "we" I mean Adam and I. My mom was kind enough to watch the kids OVERNIGHT so we could go down south this morning. This was the first field trip overnight to moms, so it was quite the big deal. We took the kids Thursday evening around 8 and got them all loaded up and then returned home for a bit of sleep. And it really was a "bit"! Adam and I got up at the butt crack of dawn to head down to LA...actually that sun wasn't even up. We left at 4 am to get there on time. And we made it, even with a sig alert on the freeway and everything!
So anyhow... here is my buddy Adele! She is my insurance coordinator and she is just awesome! Really! She has been my buddy since my SARPE in 07, and she did one heck of a job fighting with HealthNet to get that one covered. She is full of info and we love her to death. Really, nothing would get done without her. Here is a pic of Dr. Tallent. He is a resident, not quite a surgeon yet...but he was full of medical muboo jumboo and hilarity today. He handled my molds and xrays and images. I have never worked with him before, but Adam and I could tell he was one of the good guys! But most importantly, he came up with my new favorite quote..... "GO BIG OR GO HOME!" That's how we describe the Le Fort 1. Going Big. Does it get bigger than breaking your face in three pieces and screwing it back together again?
Anyhow...here they are, the people behind the scenes that make it happen! Love 'em!
P.s. Don't I look terrible with only 5 hours of sleep!?!
P.p.s. The kids did great a my moms! Great Job NANA!

No comments: