Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Proper Care and Feeding of Adam



Well, I have been reading this book by Dr. Laura. She sure does speak the truth straight up doesn't she? She reminds me of my dad. No prissy footing around it. Tells it like it is. You know, like when I was a kid. And I had a cold. No back rubbing, no comforting. Just straight Vicks 44. No time for crying. Drink it down and feel the burn. No sugar to make that medicine go down. Just straight shooting. That's how Dr. Laura is.

Anyhow...I have been resistant for years about listening to Dr. Laura. She made me feel guilty. Guilty for working, guilty for putting Sydney in childcare. Guilty about my divorce. But in reality ...I was feeling guilty because the woman speaks the truth. The stuff deep deep down in my soul that I knew was right and I was burying to make it through the day before.
Anyhow...let me get to the point of this blog.

So, now I am at home with Jack and I have been listening to Dr. Laura for a year now and she makes sense. So I thought "what the heck, lets buy the book." So I did and it is a great book. It's opening my eyes to a lot of things. Like being the kind of wife I know I can be.

Well, anyway...Adam comes home today and notices that I made him brownies. (Not because of the book, just because I know he likes them! ) and he quickly announces...


"I HAVE NOW BEEN PROPERLY FEED AND CARED FOR"

What a comedian. Guess I can toss the book now, my job is done!

No comments: