So...each day when I pick up Sydney from school (I am feeling up to doing that again! Yay!) I get there about 15 minutes early to find a great parking space. Both Adam and I dislike the school parking lot, so its really important to grab a primo spot on the street early, or you will spend a half an hour trying to dodge all the Kindergarten parents leaving the parking lot dragging their little kiddos behind them! :) Anyhow...during my time waiting for Sydney, I usually am chatting with Jack or finding something quiet to do while he naps.
Well, recently my favorite activity to do while I wait is to read this book! The Wisdom of our Fathers is written by the late Tim Russert and I just love it. Its not a novel or bio...its just little snippets from people telling a memory about their dad. Easy reading in pieces, little chunks that don't take a lot of time digest but give me something to think about or laugh about and on occasion, cry about.
This book is my personal little treasure. I love it because it constantly reminds me to be so thankful that my kids have such a wonderful father. A living example, right here in our home, to model themselves after. Adam is genuine and kind and loving and thoughtful and FUN and joyous and smart and focused and talented. He is patient and prayerful and dedicated and goofy. He is sturdy and strong and diligent. He is all those things and so much more.
I miss my dad. I miss him everyday. I am so grateful that my children have Adam. I am so thankful for this book and the way it focuses me to seeing just how special our life with him is. Anyhow... when you get a moment, grab a copy of this little treasure and take a moment to reflect on the 'dads' in your life!
I miss my dad. I miss him everyday. I am so grateful that my children have Adam. I am so thankful for this book and the way it focuses me to seeing just how special our life with him is. Anyhow... when you get a moment, grab a copy of this little treasure and take a moment to reflect on the 'dads' in your life!
P.s. I just picked up Sydney from school and I asked her a very random question while we were driving home.
I asked..."Sydney, who are you going to marry?"
and she said without skipping a beat,
"A good man, like dad"
How awesome that she can see all of her dad's amazing qualities too!



No comments:
Post a Comment