Yesterday I installed a new program to our family computer. You see, I entered a giveaway on a blog of a friend I follow and I won. (Don't worry it wasn't fixed, she used Random.org) Anyhow, I won a free three month membership to Jumpstart online. Whoo Hoo to that! Summer is here and the time is right for new computer software for Syd! This new Jumpstart online has like a zillion new virtual games to play and learn at. Its usually $7.99 a month but we won membership until September 5th. Awesome. Sydney will be back in school by then! :)
So, Sydney and Adam went out yesterday to run a quick errand and I promised my little girl I would take a moment to install her game. Should only take a moment right? Well ACK! That darn thing WOULD NOT INSTALL on my computer. I kept running into glitch after glitch, and then when it did work, the installation took f-o-r-e-v-e-r! I mean it, at least 20 minutes of watching that little progress bar as I waited. I found myself frowning at the computer. Work faster, dang it!
Then I laughed. Man, am I impatient. When I was a kid we didn't even have a progress bar to wait for. For a long time we didn't even have a computer.
"How did you write your reports?" Sydney asked.
On a type writer.
And I thought I was cool because I had an electric one
"How did you get on the Internet mom?"
There was NO Internet kiddo.
"I don't understand," she said as she stared at me.
Isn't it amazing how much we take for granted? Everything is amazing but nobody is happy. I read that today and it linked me to this little ditty on You Tube. It cracked me up. Click on it and enjoy. He speaks the truth, sometimes boldly but its still the truth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment