I was so glad to go with my mom and the kids to just hang out with them, eat a delicious homemade omelet and chit chat about life and family. Our families have never been the type of family to see each other too often, so when these moments arrive, I love to grab them and run.
But what I love the most about being with my Aunt Linda besides her laughter and smile and generous nature, is that being close to my Aunt Linda brings me close to my dad. Aunt Linda reminisces about my dad. Tells me things I didn't know and clarifies things that I had mistaken. She makes my dad real again. His life, his story are still here, still relevant. Sitting with her is sitting with my dad in a way. Its a feeling that I can't replace.
Lets just say I have the best of both, I get Aunt Linda and a bit of my dad. It truly is awesome.
Here a picture of my sweet Aunt Linda and me today. She made me take off my glasses. Do you see the resemblance? :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the trip to Pismo my mom joined us on a tour of Cold Stones with my moms club. It was easy and quick and the ice cream was just the pick me up we all needed!



No comments:
Post a Comment