Friday, September 18, 2009

Weight Watchers

So did I tell you that I joined Weight Watchers (again!)
I didn't? Well, I did. Last Saturday. I have been
hesitant about telling people and I was kinda pondering that today. The best that I have come up with is that I didn't want to tell everyone because if I fail, I didn't want everyone making fun of me. Silly huh? Like my friends would make fun of me. So there it is! I battling the bulge again. I feel good about it this time though. I have the support of my husband and that feels really good. Kinda felt before like I had to hide that fight from him too, like he didn't know I was chubby or something. Telling him my weight (though very hard) made it easier to strip away the shame and get real about doing something about it. Awesome. He is a gem, isn't he?
So, anyway, no big gigantic goals here. Anything is better than where I am right now right? But one thing we did this week is move. I have been walking everyday. And let me tell you, I am so tired! That walking feels good but really wears me out! Ha! I think it will be get better as I build more stamina.
Anyway, I go to Weight Watchers on Saturday mornings alone. Awesome huh? I needed to pick a time when I could sneak out of the house and do something that was good for me and 7 am on a Saturday is it. The kids are asleep and I can sneak out of the house and go to the meeting and focus on this health issue for a good solid 30 minutes without being interrupted! :) I like WW, they are positive. No lecturing, and that is important because I don't respond well to the critical side of weight loss. Blame my dad for that one.
So anyway, wish me luck. I hope I did good this week. No big expectations, but a little would be good. I'll keep you posted!
Update: I lost .4 of a pound this first week. WHAT! You've got to be kidding me. I tracked everything, wrote everything down that I put in my mouth and excercised everyday! UGH!
To be honest, I did have a bit of a pity party for about 20 minutes on the phone with Adam right after the meeting. Then I sucked it up, went grocery shopping and made really good food choices for my family. Each day is a new start right? I'll keep you posted. :)

1 comment:

Paige said...

You can do it Kathi! I'm glad you have a positive place to go. Be kind to yourself.