Do you remember that Michael W. Smith song?
When we were teenagers, Jen and I used to sing that song everywhere. At Jens Youth group, at our homes, in our cars, even in line at amusement parks. Well, I am so here to tell you that Mr. Smith speaks the truth, because friends are friends forever. Because even after 23 years of friendship, seeing Jen yesterday was exactly the same. Felt like not a day had passed.
Adam, the kids and I took a trip down to LA yesterday to see Jen and her adorable family. Sam had training in Las Vegas last week and Jen and Zachary tagged along. They were able to rent a car and come out to CA for a visit, so I packed the family and we zipped on down to spend some time together. It has been 2 years since our trip to Seattle, but everyone is the same. Well, Jen and I both welcomed sons since that last visit. And this was the first time to meet the kids and let our boys play. Zachary is such a cutie pie. A sweet good natured baby and a little charmer. Jack really enjoyed him, giving him hugs and kisses all the time, well, whenever he wasn't chasing the cats or running around.
Jen looked fantastic and is such a great mom. Sam was super nice as always and it we even had a chance to see Nancy. She is loving being a grandmother! So cute!
I loved seeing Jen. I miss her. But I love that when I do get to see her, its exactly the same. Like we are still 15, except with maturity! What I mean is, time or distance didn't change our friendship, and even with all the ups and downs of life, when we are together, its just the same as it ever was. Love that. What a blessing huh?
Here are some pictures of our trip! Oooooo, I forgot to mention! We were able to meet up with Kenya and her family too! YAY! They met us for dinner and we finally met Kaiya, Kenya's little gal. SO CUTE! I was bummed that I didn't sit closer to Kenya at dinner, would have loved to chat with her more. But love her little family. So glad we could all be together again.
Here we all are at Nancy Fancy Pant's house. Basically my second home between ages 12 and 20. This is the best pic we could get. Funny huh. But Jen, Sam and Zachary look so cute. And I love the way Adam is kissing Jack.
Best buds already



No comments:
Post a Comment