Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oscar Fashion

So do you know that I love an award show? Adam thinks that is so funny. I love to celebrate accomplishments, love the speeches, and love love love the fashion. Seriously, I love the dresses the best. I think its because I can live thru the gals and their clothes. I am not a particularly fashionable person. I pretty much wear the same thing all the time. Well not the same thing, but the same style. But The Golden Globes, The SAGS, and The Oscars let me imagine how it would be to have any option in the world. And the body to go with it. These gals can pick anything!! It is so fun to celebrate their good choices and wonder
what were they thinking with the others!

This Sunday, after the Spring Brunch at church, I was thrilled to grab a sandwich, turn on the tube and oooo and ahhhh during the red carpet arrivals.

So here we go, some hits and misses according from Kathi and Adam!
Love this dress Sandra Bullock chose. She looks like an Oscar. Liquid gold, the beading, the hair. She is stunning and classy. So so pretty for her.

Love me the Queen Latifah. She is so great. She seems like such a strong confident woman, and doesn't she look fabulous? Love the rose color, love the sparkle. It takes your eye to all the lovely parts of the dress. She is so pulled together. I love it. No one sees her as plus size, they just see her as radiant.

Not feeling this dress on Sarah Jessica Parker. I know she is fashion forward, but I just don't get the look of this dress. Kinda looks like a bag on her. But I do love the color. And the hair. Don't get me started on the hair. Can't really see it from this pic, but the bun was bigger than her whole head. Not sure why she choose this. She can look so lovely sometimes.

Adams favorite of the night. To make fun of that is. And no, he is not picking on Charlize. BUT come on, this dress is just ridiculous! All you look at are those cin-na-buns on her chest. Or radio sound speakers according to Adam. (he's a musician you know) Its SOOOO distracting. She is SOOOOO beautiful. Why? Why? Of all the dresses in the world?

(photos from Getty Images)
This dress is so confusing. The top is lovely. Next to this gals skin, the sparkles looks so gorgeous. Then you look down. And I went ewwwww. What the heck happened? Joy Behar said it best, "Looks like a purple octopus is swallowing a black octopus. " That made me laugh at loud.
What a shame, since the dress started out so beautiful.
So there you have it. My winners and losers. So much fun to watch. I am bummed its over for the year. Now I get how guys feel when football season ends.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I love it too. Sandra looked so beautiful. I'm glad they picked her this year. And I thought the octopus dress looked amazing on stage, coming down those stairs, but up close it was strange. I also thought Rachel McAdams looked so pretty. And the cute English girl nominated for best actress whose name I can't remember right now... I loved her hair, made me want to chop and dye mine.

shawnaberger said...

Kathi-- I too am a closet award show addict, for the fashion. Unfortunately this year the Oscars were on the same weekend as my daughter's baptism, so I missed and forgot to set the DVR. Thanks so much for the highlights! What was Jayda thinking that dress was aweful!