Saw this on a wonderful blog I read, you can see it here.
Loving one another. (John 13:34)
Forgiving one another. (Ephesians 4:32)
Accepting one another. (Romans 15:7)
Bearing with one another. (Ephesians 4:2)
Being devoted to one another. (Romans 12:10)
Honoring one another above ourselves. (Romans 12:10)
Greeting one another. (2 Corinthians 13:12)
Being hospitable to one another. (I Peter 4:9)
Being kind and compassionate to one another. (Ephesians 4:32)
Sharing with one another. (Hebrews 13:16)
Serving one another. (Galations 5:13)
Carrying one another's burdens. (Galations 6:2)
Building up one another. (I Thessalonians 5:11)
Encouraging one another daily. (Hebrews 3:13)
Comforting one another. (I Thessalonians 4:18)
Stimulating one another to love and good deeds. (Hebrews 10:24)
Instructing one another. (Romans 15:14)
Admonishing one another. (Colossians 3:16)
Praying for one another. (James 5:16)
Confessing your sins to one another. (James 5:16)
Being of the same mind toward one another. (Romans 12:16)
Submitting to one another. (Ephesians 5:21)
Isn't this fabulous. Really makes you think, doesn't it? What strikes me is that we are not to be alone. Look at all of them. So many verses all regarding helping one another, praying for one another, sharing with one another and on and on it goes. It really hit me. This life is to be spent together, in Fellowship with others.
My Pastor has been preaching from Hebrews, and this months newsletter message from him focused on this verse,
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds"
Hebrews 10:24
And he mentioned how it calls us into fellowship with one another. We are not supposed to walk alone. And that is so unnatural for me. Oh, you wouldn't know it from just looking at me. I seem like an extrovert. But if I gave into my natural inclination I would chose to be home, rather than out anytime. But we are called into Fellowship with one another, to help each other and celebrate with each and lift each other up.
I guess all of this is just swirling around in my head, because of my calling in church right now. As Fellowship Elder, I need to remember that I am called to so much more than throwing parties and events at church. I am called to bring people together. Called to prepare a place, a time, where the people of my church can get to know each other more. So they can follow the Lords command to spur each other on. Its so easy for me to be so concerned about announcements and napkins and forget what my ultimate goal is. I pray that I can stay focused and full of these teachings. It truly is a gift to serve and spur one another on.
I guess I am feeling very humbled by my call today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment