Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Dad and his look-a-like

When I saw the pictures from my friend Karen of Jack I immediately thought of my Dad. I could see my Dad in Jacks eyes and in his arms. The way Jack holds his body, the way he cocks his elbow, the way his forearm looks or the shirt hangs from his shoulder is completely my Dad. I can't find the right pictures to do the comparison justice but I found these...take a look.
Something about his stance is totally and utterly my Dad. And his expression. The pursed lips in the pic above, or he puppy dog eyes and fake semi-smile in the picture below is the essence of my Dad. My Dad in his 'ahhhhh, ok ....I really don't want to take a picture but I will if your making me..." fake sad eye smile.

I mean, look at the eyebrows, the hesitant eyes,
the chubby cheeks.
Its so my Dad. My Dad living in my son.
It makes me happy and sad at the same time.
I wish more than anything my Dad was here
to know his look-a-like
It makes my heart very heavy...
I miss my Dad.

2 comments:

Paige said...

He does look like your dad. I can't really empathize but that would make my heart very heavy too. Blessings to you this day. I'm sure looking at your beautiful son will continue to bring you peace.

Jen said...

Wow, he does look like your dad!