One of the highlights of the trip to LA was to attend my Seminary Class reunion. I was really
excited and kinda nervous to see some of my old friends from Jr. High and High school. I have not seen some of these folks for 17 years! It was a wonderful time for sure! My family fit right on in, and the group welcomed them with open arms. It was very special to me to see Brother
Clonts. He is a wonderful man, a mentor really. And he was just as kind and gracious as ever. Of our class of about 15 or so, we had 10 or more show up. Between all of us it was calculated that there are 67 'seminary
grand babies' for Brother
Clonts! Amazing! I think I am the only one with only 2 kids. Everyone looked great. They all look the same to me, but my mom says we all look so much older. I guess no one ages in my eyes! We are going to have a reunion every 5 years. Brother
Clonts is 74 and we all don't want to wait longer than that to get together again.
These folks were really my greatest friends in
high school, besides Jen and Kenya. I love them each dearly. I am a little disappointed in myself that I spent so much time behind the camera at the reunion that I didn't get to chat with each of them too too much. Probably a nervous response of mine. But at least we will all have great photos to look at.
Brother
Clonts opened up to me about how much he misses Jared his son who was part of our class. I can't believe that he died 13 years ago. I really didn't know what to say when Brother
Clonts started crying about how much he misses Jared. It just broke my heart.
I am thankful to have attended this reunion. Adam knows I was on the fence for awhile. Each of these folks are so wonderful. It was a really special time.

We each took family pictures to document our growing families and to send them to each other and the folks who could not attend. Our family picture turned out great.

The entire group with spouses and kids. There we over 50 kids there ranging in age from 3 months to 12 years! And no major meltdowns! It was so fun!

Our class, or at least who was able to make it! I think we look great!

Some old pics of us in 1991 and 1993


Adam looking tan and suave! He had a fun time!

Sydney showing off the stuff I won her

Sydney spend most of her time in the pool!

Jack doing what Jack did! Roam!
And check out the trampoline. Brother Clonts had it lowered
into the ground. Brilliant!

Jacks new buddy Ben, my friend Amy's son.
They both are two!

A little
Badminton fun!

Perfect Weather, great food and old friends.
Can't wait to do it again!
2 comments:
Thanks so much for helping put it all together Kathi. It was so much fun.
What a huge, fun group!
When I saw Brother Clonts a couple of years ago he talked about Jared then too. It does break your heart to see him still so sad. I can't imagine that I'd recover from that kind of loss either...
Post a Comment