Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lots of Fun in the afternoon!

Our entire family had decided to make time in our day to see "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln"
I have a long history with this attraction. It is one of my absolute favorite things about Disneyland. When I was a kid, my mom and I used to go to Disneyland every Saturday before Easter. We always went together, I never brought a friend, and we stay all day. I mean ALL DAY! There at the front gate at 8 am and left at 12 pm when it closed. Crazy long day. And my mom used to rock it. She was go go go! Except when she wasn't. And one of the things we did to get some rest for our poor feet and air conditioning to cool us off was go and see "Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln".
For those of you who pass right by this, it is on Main Street near the entrance tunnel. Right next door to the hat shop in the circle. And it is wonderful. A moving tribute to our country's history, it is eloquent and so realistic, you are sure that Mr. Lincoln is speaking to you.
I was really happy we made time this year to see the show. Adam loved it. So did Sydney. Jack was a good boy in the quiet theater and watched the whole thing. I felt like a kid again.

Before the show our family had fun checking out the exhibits. Well, Sydney and Adam did. Jack just wanted to drive his new Tow Mater car toy all over the glass cases! Funny. The kids checking out the model of the Capitol Building in D.C.
An important side note.
Jack left his new Tow Mater car in the theater.

We didn't realize it until about 10 minutes later in line to get a churro, when Jack asked for it. We just purchased it a few hours before and we were so excited when we found this toy as I have never seen it in any store in our hometown. Adam zipped back to the attraction with little hope of retrieving the toy. But whadda ya know. The attendant knew exactly of what Adam was speaking and within two minutes was back with Jacks toy. They found it after our seating in the theater and already had it in the lost in found waiting for us to return.
Adam was well impressed with Disney at that moment. The professionalism and care those attendants took to care for our toy and save it for us was amazing. It saved us a lot of money and heartbreak for our boy. Its those moments that make Disney extra special.
Adam was really impressed!
******************************************
After Mr. Lincoln we headed on the train. Did you know you can ask for what is called a 'tender' ride where you ride up front with the engineers? We tried to get one this time, but the train was due for water so we couldn't. Bummer. Maybe next time.
Here are some pics on the train!
********************************************
Our family also enjoyed time on the cars!
Just think, in about 5 years Sydney can drive for real. Scary
Time to play " Where's Jack?" again. Can you spot him?
I love this face Sydney made after I bumped her! Classic!
*****************************************
Adam also wanted to make time to catch the "Captain EO Tribute"
He never saw it in the 80's and 90's when it was at Disneyland. I was so happy he wanted to see it because I loved it then. And to tell the truth, I loved it now. So fun to see Michael Jackson in his heyday! We are here to change the World! Jack was singing that all day long!
Groovy glasses Sydney!

No comments: