So she has cancer. Again. It still doesn't seem fair. My mom is awesome. A loving and caring and funny woman. A woman who battled cancer already once before and won. Won by the grit of her teeth, with a determination to beat that terrible disease and stay on this earth to raise her babies. I still just feel a woman like that, who lost a breast and lymph nodes and muscle to this sick disease shouldn't have to battle it again.
But who am I? I can't change a thing over here, although I wish I could everyday.
SO, we fight. And we wait. And we cheer.
You should have seen the high five-ing and dancing we did when my Mom's scan's came back clear. The rest of her body is clear. The cancer has not spread. Lemme say it again.
THE CANCER HAS NOT SPREAD!
Praise God for his tender mercies. The news of this cancer traveling to distant organs would have brought an dire prognoses. So we are soo sooo glad that it is localized.So, anal cancer. It only inflicted 5000 in the whole United States last year. 5000 out of 300,000,000. Its that rare.
We are not sure of the treatment plan yet. We finally got an appt with the oncologist. The surgeon wants her to see him first. Thinking we may be on the road to shrinking this tumor before surgery so we can save her muscle function of the sphincter. But once again, who am I? I am just guessing. Like I mentioned. We wait.
Thanking God for a glorious Mom, who takes bad news graciously, and then puts on her boxing gloves and prepares to fight. I hope to be half as good as her someday.



No comments:
Post a Comment