Friday, June 12, 2009

Living in the land of OVERWHELMED

So, I am not quite sure what my deal is the last two days but I have seriously been in the land of the overwhelmed. I felt tired, cranky, and over stimulated. Its like I could fall asleep standing up and explode from sensory overload at the same time. Not quite sure if its the fact that summer is here and I have an extra child home, one that keeps asking me every two minutes 'what are we going to do now mom?" It could be the fact that its June and June/July means Adam is a-wall. Projects at work slam my poor husband and he is there early morning till 7 or 8 or 9 at night. Not to mention his boss goes on vacation. (I honestly think is the most amazing guy, he never complains!! I don't know how he does it. He such a better person than me!)

It also could be I am just stressed about all that there is this month. We have a very full calendar (but it is all awesome stuff we are looking forward too) and maybe all of it is just swirling in my head and overwhelming me. I dunno but honestly this is how I have felt for t-w-o days now...


Just like this crazy woman!

Twice in the last two days I have cried due to overload. It happened both nights at the end of the day. I just was 'done' and I couldn't cope anymore with crying babies and Costco, questions and emails, orthos and tire shops, teacher presents and band practice, sleepovers and laundry.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Do you ever get that way? Do you ever feel that you just can't go one step further without screaming? Not at someone but just for a release. I feel stranded and overwhelmed and I not quite sure what to do about it. Sydney says I need a recess. I kinda agree. But isn't that selfish of me? I mean geez, I do all these fun things with these two great kids and I have a husband who works super hard at a super hard job and he still remembers to come home and hug me. But seriously, I feel like if I don't get a 'recess' I am going to crack.

And its only June 12.

Hmmmm. Not sure how I am going to remedy this. Maybe I will take a drive. Take a bath. Take a moment to breathe. Anyhow...just wanted to vent and see if I am the only one out there feeling like this. I will let you know what happens!

No comments: