Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Question of the day...

So I found this cute graphic and idea on a blog I was reading a few days ago! What a neat idea huh? I got me thinking, I have a question of the day... How do you cure your hiccups?
Do you hold your breath and count to ten? Do you gulp air, like you're are trying to make yourself burp to get your breathing back on track? Do you drink a bit of water or eat a spoonful of sugar?

Well, my sweet husband does this...
Isn't that an odd looking thing? He actually breathes thru his mouth as he pinches his nose and plugs his ears with his thumbs. Crazy huh? How in the heck did he figure out that this cures his hiccups?
Adam swears by this but it does NOT work for me! Plus, I wouldn't be caught dead standing around like this for a whole minute! HA!
What do you do end your hiccups?

3 comments:

Paige said...

I just wait for them to leave, even though they can be quite loud. And I tell my kids they'll go away soon because eventually they do. I know, how boring is that?

Jen Winfree said...

Concentrating hard on your hiccups actually cures them. No kidding. I haven't had a case where it doesn't work yet. Next time you hear someone with hiccups, tell them you can help them, but don't tell them how. Then ask them to concentrate hard and tell you when they're about to hiccup again. They'll probably hiccup a couple more times, but each time, remind them again, it is important that they tell you when they're going to hiccup again. Eventually they'll notice that they just stopped. I'm able to take some deep breaths and concentrate hard enough to get rid of my own now... Try it and let me know what happens!

Kathi said...

Jen, I have NEVER heard of that before but I am not against trying it! How funny, now I wishing someone I knew was hiccuping! :)