Friday, June 5, 2009

Open House and the living museum

Well, its that time of year again. Open House. I actually love open house. Its fun to see all that Sydney has done this year and how much she has grown. You know, the samples of her classwork from August till now. She has changed so much this year. I especially love taking a peek into her writings. Her stories and poems are a lens into her world. A peek on how she sees things and how she feels when we are not with her. I love it!
Last night Sydney's open house was a living museum. Sydney had to become a famous person from our past and recite a oral mini report to anyone who came around and pushed Sydney's button. She did an amazing job! And I am not just saying that because I am her mom! Her oral report was full of information and she spoke clearly. She even made a poster to go with her report, sang a song at the end and gave away gum!
Sydney was Dottie Schroeder, a member of the All American Girls Professional Baseball League back in 1943 thru 1955. She was a star of the league and Sydney loved learning all about her. Anyhow, all the kids gave mini reports and dressed up like their person. Sydney got off easy, all she had to do was wear a skirt and a carry a bat! Whoo hoo to that.

Here a picture of Nana and Sydney in front of her displayHere is what Jack did during open house
This is us going out to ice cream to celebrate another wonderful school year. Nana chose cotton candy ice cream with sliced almonds...crazy huh?
Here are some other pictures. Sydney with Mr. Devereaux, Sydney and her friends Kendall, Kennedy and Joselynn. And the cutie at the bottom? That is our friend Nick from church dressed up like George Washington. It was a fun evening

No comments: